Our longest running program, HSBC Clean Air Achievers teaches youth in Grades 5-9 about transportation and how it impacts our air, our climate and our health. Youth get a first hand look at how their personal travel habits have an impact on the environment and learn that they can make the choices to reduce greenhouse gases and improve their fitness.
The goals of the program are for each participant to:
- Produce fewer greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) through reduced reliance on the automobile; and
- Enhance their level of fitness by choosing active modes of transportation
This FREE program recognizes that each student is unique in their travel habits, and provides many resources to support all students including curriculum activities, an online trip tracker (greenhouse gas calculator) and online games & quizzes. Best of all, our Champions, National team, Olympic and Paralympic athletes deliver an inspirational presentation to each class.
Our Champions are proven role models who offer compelling and inspiring stories, connecting personal experiences to real issues facing all Canadians.
GET STARTED NOW!
3) Register your class or group to gain access to the online Trip Tracker.
4) Take the Champions Challenge! The top ten classes/groups in Canada win a second celebratory visit by the Champion. The top school wins a $1000 cash prize.
Unless the pace of global warming slows down, polar bears could disappear within three decades. Research show that Arctic ice--the polar bear's primary habitat--is melting much faster than scientists had believed.
- Take the Champions Challenge!!!
By participating in the HSBC Clean Air Achievers program, your school, class or group will be entered into the Champions Challenge for an opportunity to win a very unique prize!
Eyes on the Prize
The winning group will receive:
$1,000 cash for a green initiative at their school and...
A fun and friendly sporting event between two Clean Air Champions and members of your student body hosted at your school. You choose the sport!
For more information click HERE.