Our Champion terms and conditions agreement is your declaration of commitment to the mission and principles of practice that apply to all members of Clean Air Champions. Please read through each point and click on 'I Accept' at the bottom to be transferred to our application form.
I agree to the following terms and conditions as part of my membership in Clean Air Champions (CAC). As a member of CAC, I agree to perform to the best of my abilities and to commit to:
1. Personally support the mission and values of CAC by taking action in my day-to-day life to try to reduce my impact on the environment.
As a Champion, you are CAC's ambassador and it is extremely important that you 'walk the talk' of our mission and program messages. This is really about having an attitude that supports a sustainable way of living.
We ask that you try to use active, public, or sustainable forms of transportation (bike, walk, public transit, carpool, etc.) when traveling to or from CAC events, whenever possible. In our view, every step, small or large, makes a difference.
2. Deliver public appearances on behalf of CAC to promote its programs and mission when possible.
The number and frequency of these appearances vary, and will be at your discretion. Some of our programs ask you to commit to a minimum number of appearances over the program timeline. This program-specific commitment will be communicated to you at the time the program is promoted, and it may or may not require you to sign an agreement that states you agree to fulfill the terms of the program (typically, deliver presentations).
Should you choose to sign up for an appearance, CAC staff will do their best to work with you to accommodate your schedule.
3. Commit to being well prepared to speak to the public on the issues and messages of CAC (backgrounders, preparatory notes, and presentation materials are all provided as is 24/7 CAC staff support).
4. Agree to refer requests for appearances that come to you via a third party based on the fact that this third party is contacting you because they heard of you through a Clean Air Champions' appearance, or you are a member of Clean Air Champions.
We have worked very hard to build our reputation, our programs, and invested training and resources to ensure our Champions are well trained and supported. We would appreciate it if you show your commitment to CAC by directing any requests you receive for appearances to CAC staff so that we can manage your booking under CAC. Our policy is always to secure as high a speaking fee as possible for our Champions (we were once national team athletes ourselves!). In many cases, we have shared costs with clients who cannot afford even our basic honorarium fee of $250.
5. Participate in, or attend a minimum of one CAC public speaking training webinar or workshop and come prepared to get the most out of this training.
6. Agree to provide CAC with biographical information (e.g., résumé, sport photos - high resolution preferred, and completed profile application questions). This information is requested on your profile application that follows this page, and the information will be used by CAC for CAC programs and activities only.
As examples: our website, program posters and materials, media events, public launches, and any other events, programs, or materials produced that relate specifically to our organization, programs, and services. Also, when a client books you for a presentation your Champion profile is shared in order to promote your upcoming appearance.
7. Update the information on your profile as it changes. This is VERY important as your profile information is what we rely on for administrative purposes as well as our communications/mailing with you.
CAC staff has access to your profile but will not edit or change its content without your approval.
8. Agree to accept a reasonable volume of communications from the public (mostly via e-mail) in support of CAC programs (e.g., an e-mail from a student you presented to).
All in-coming e-mails via the CAC site are screened by CAC staff and monitored for privacy reasons. We ask that you try your best to respond within a reasonable time frame.
9. Be on time and professional and wear the CAC apparel supplied to you at all CAC appearances and events.
10. Complete follow-up surveys after each of my appearances within a short time (48 hours) after the event, and return to CAC.
11. Complete your remuneration form (invoice template provided) by inputting all required information and submit it as directed on the form. No payments are issued past one fiscal year has passed after a presentation (August 31st), without a survey from the presentation(s) being completed, or the submission of a completed remuneration form.
12. Be a proud spokesperson for CAC and reflect this in my appearance and attitude.
This involves being well versed with CAC's programs (found under 'Programs' on our site) so that you can speak about our mission and successes. If at any time you require more information please send your request to .
Smile and have fun too!